You can get the COVID vaccine without an appointment at our Public Health Clinic, 206 Carver Drive. Clinic hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- While COVID vaccines are available at the Public Health Clinic, check the COVID Vaccine Event Calendar for non-clinic vaccination events.
- Additional vaccine supplies can be found on vaccinefinder.org. Contact your doctor and/or area pharmacies for additional options.
- Download, print and complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Registration form before arriving for your Garland Public Health Clinic vaccination.
The Garland Health Department is now providing boosters for the COVID-19 vaccine to those the declared eligible by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Those considered moderately to severely immunocompromised are eligible to receive a third dose of Pfizer or Moderna. The CDC recommends a third vaccine for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medication to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last two years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune system
- Diagnosed with conditions that are considered to have an equivalent level of immunocompromised as above
COVID vaccines are available without an appointment at the Garland Public Health Clinic, 206 Carve Drive. Clinic hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. A third dose registration form is available online. Information about vaccination events in the community are also available on the COVID Vaccine Event Calendar.
When you receive the vaccine please ensure the second dose is the same type. Please use the V-Safe Health Checker if you have a smart phone. Save the card provided at your first vaccination to keep track of which vaccine you received. GHD does not provide replacement cards.
It is critical that everyone continue to practice personal protective measures to prevent disease spread.